20060413

Gold Fish

The history of keeping gold fish traced back to my childhood. We were raised in an animal loving family. There was always a constant influx of various cats, dogs, white mice, chickens, and tropical/gold fish into our household. The passion for each animal seemed to come and wane but the love for them never cease. Gold fish is the hardest animal to keep alive longer than a year. It is such a delicate fussy little animal that any slight change in the water quality or little delay in filter changes can tip this little pretty thing over.
So, whatever bad luck it is, our Black Rose has died bearing it. Personally I think I was late in changing the water and have not been regular in feeding the fish, hence the deterioration of its health and death.
I was panged with a slight sense of guilt though....... It is also a wake-up call to look after my fish better. I cleaned the tank thoroughly, changed the filter and made a note regarding when the next change of filter will be. Hopefully this change will prevent the other poor three gold fish from following their friends to the toilet.
Now I am keeping the good old family tradition-keeping animal pets. I just hanged up some bird feeders on the apple tree in the front yard. They seem to attract some flurry friends to help themselves with. So far, wa have spotted Robins and Blue Tits (it is not what you think, it is a bird). Hopefully sometime in the future we can keep a dog.

No comments: