20060618

Rose


Today is Father's day. It is also my sister's marriage registration day. Strangely, in that part of the world, couples are not effectively husbands and wives even though they were registered untill they have their traditional wedding ceremony. Anyway, congratulation to her and her hubby, as well as to us-we eventually got rid of our sister!!! Yipee.
We went to the local garden centre today and found this beautiful English rose. It is Scepter'd Isle, I have no idea what that means. I was stunned by its light pink simple beauty and its myrrh rosey scent. So it is now proudly planted in our front garden. We will see how it will survive with my amateur gardening. So before its beauty withers away, I quickly captured its silent beauty with my trusted camera. Having looked at them, they are not too bad really.
I think appreciating flower is like life really, enjoying and appreciating good things you have in your life while they last! Otherwise once they are gone, they may not be able to come back again.
Sometimes, second chance is the only luxury you can never have.

No comments: