20061209

Holiday preparation

Our Malaysian trip is approaching soon. I have a mixed feeling about this trip. Excitement and uncertainty are the main ones. I am excited that I shall be meeting the rest of the Tan's again and meet our new member of family, Angela, our latest version of sister in law, home grown Chinese made in Malaysia. Our little brother (also home grown Chinese, made in Malaysia) is going to have a Chinese wedding ceremony on 31 December 2006 with her in Penang. We are getting stressed as to how we are going to present ourselves as the Uncle and Aunty at the tea ceremony and also what to buy for the couple. Helena will receive her Red packet money then (English pound please.) On the other hand I am a bit uncertain about the journey as in that ten days, how we are going to squeeze all the activities we would like to do without our own transport. The worst scenario is public transport!! We were adviced not to hire any more car as there are, apparently enough cars for everyone at home including us. Well, let's hope this would still be the case. Knowing the tendecy of the Tan's family to change their mind on the very last minute, I do feel quite insecure about it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Meanwhile, the whole aim for us is to be the guests and to enjoy the holiday as much as possible. I am sure all would just go very quickly.

No comments: