20061201

Mama and Helena


I have been having a busy schedule with my work lately, hence I have not been updating photos. This is one of my favorites. Helena has grown very quickly. She can now say a lot of words. She now starts to babble and sing. Her temperament has however developed into a little head strong madam. Temper tantrum is quite something to see. The best methods to deal with this situation is ignoring her without cuddles or kisses and wait till she calms herself down. Her teochew grandma has suggested 'Tina' corporal punishment!! I think this would just feed her rebelliousness and aggravate her behaviour. Child protection officer may lock us up in jail for doing that---it is now illegal to give any corporal punishment to children in this country and rightly so. I am still traumatised by the tina experience during my childhood.

Meanwhile, I was torn apart between a demanding job and a lovely family. A lot of studies have revealed that children do not appreciate workaholic parents for they were never there for their children when there were needed the most and often this is left with resentment from both sides for lack of appreciation and attention...... This only sounds too familiar to me. I should pray not to repeat the same mistake again in this generation.

Hmm.....what am I to do?



No comments: