20081105

Autumn/Winter interface: Random thoughts.

I always wonder how the parents entertain the children in this chilly seasons. All the fun parks were closed except the expensive ones. What happens to the toddlers who are too young for schools and too old for child play, particularly the heat of excitement of being new parents has waned down to mere tolerance and boredom of repeating ths same plays and dealing with tantrums ( there can only be a finite level of saying 'no' to the ever more limit testing toddlers.)

When they are young you worry about mainly their up bringing, the external influence on their development and the food they are eating. Later you also worry about school education, their friendship with the others, and again what influence they have on their life.

On what foundation we are building the future generation while the outside world keep bombarding the I-want-it-now and it-is my-rights cultures to the young ones?? I have friends who have their early teeanger child (just a child in my eyes!) having boyfriend whose mother still have to drop the kid to see his girl friend. Yet on the other side I have another early teenager at almost similar age has already completed a diploma degree in Piano at the Royal Academy of Music. Both sets of parents all have high aspirations and high hopes on their respective daughters that oneday a Phoenix will be soaring through the sky.

Looking at my own daughter, I wonder how much influence I have got left unto her to steer her to the path that is less rockier....... How I forget my own childhood days. yet the spells of parenting has cast all their parents so that they forget how rebellious they were and yet expect their children to be good boys and girls.

So, little wonder I always find myself to face this panic of not spending enough time to 'influence' my daughter well enough and yet struggle to find some new ideas to 'educate' her. Yet simple plays are, mainly, simple. It is my sanity that just about manages to keep the boredem of hide and seek down.

Good parenting is a blessing but also a task to master.

Not easy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to see your blog.
Enjoyable

Chris