This flu business has actually taken its tolls. I am wondering if the flu virus has turned more virulent than ever despite the flu immunisation. The whole Tan's family in Far Rye has been suffering flu like illness for the past four weeks! Life still goes on as usual with just a little bit more difficulties. Knowing there is no safe treatment underneath the sun to 'cure' it, we have resorted to the old trusty paracetamol and ibuprofen, ginger, lemon and honey juice. Good boy as I am managed to stay off whiskey concussion which I have to admit to be my 'cure' of flu, at my younger years simply because the intoxication would somehow make the nocturnal coughing just bearable.
As now all the elderly and at risk groups are immunised with flu jab. This left the general healthy working class people who are now vulnerable to the iron grip of flu. Hence the surgery is now jam packed with healthy people who is now incapacitated with flu screaming for medical certificate or 'antibiotics'. Depending which country they are from, they also sometimes, stereotypically, wonder why I did not give any vitamin pills. Hmm...... I normally respond to that request in so many ways, neutral and totally harmless about the intervention. they would then resort into the grumbling noises of whatever language they speak to their relatives and left the room grudgingly.
This then makes me think what constitutes a good advice. A caring practical advice with good sound unbiased background? or A usually false advice but generally soothing to the ears of the listeners but in a long term cause more harmful effects?? This conflicts reached the greatest when the expectataions are so high and the involvement is so deep that they cannot see the other sides of things that the fixation become such an unmovable belief that lost its all flexibility. Ignorance become arrogance. Barriers are now getting so high that any one would not dare to challenge that approaching to see their own doctor, they have already formed their own diagnosis and demanded things,some of which is so harmful to their health that they are so blind with the anger that they don't see. the doctor has suddenly become the pool of transference of the patients' past negative feelings, stress, angers, sadness all mingled together. By just asking: 'How are you?' seemed to trigger off an avalanche of internal emotional deluge.
I am there to witness their life in that fraction of time and sometimes when the defense is not set up properly I was then sucked into their turmoil and things just just a little bit messy.
I was then imagining a nice old strong oak tree in an ancient forest. Wise, sturdy, stable, unperturbed, strong, unmoving, speechless and witnessing the passage of time. Provideing shelter for the needy, listening ears to the confidence and yet totally detached.
I then also joke about as being an oak tree, you would then get all the animals s**t on you all the time! Which is, in real life, true too. I am certain so many of the patients ( those who have spent so much of time to sort out their complicated case on the 'backstage') have no idea how much work were invested. Some of them still think that is not enough, because in whatever country they come from, they could have this, this, this and that ages ago. Hmmm...... and why did they come here to this seemingly appalingly substandard country to get all this free health care and treatment and not returing to their country to get this, this, this and that ages ago??? This question is purely out of curiosity with no grudge in it. Though I understand that this is not 'pc' to ask that, if ever there is a standard called 'pc' at all.
Hence I should be more of an oak tree, patient and enduring. Their life is the product of their own decisions. My life is mine. No judgement should be passed from my side. Personal opinions should be kept to minimum, even to the family member level. As you may never know, this would open a freudian floodgate unless you are prepared to deal with the aftermath.
Hmm......... I wonder if an oak tree can drink whiskey now........
As now all the elderly and at risk groups are immunised with flu jab. This left the general healthy working class people who are now vulnerable to the iron grip of flu. Hence the surgery is now jam packed with healthy people who is now incapacitated with flu screaming for medical certificate or 'antibiotics'. Depending which country they are from, they also sometimes, stereotypically, wonder why I did not give any vitamin pills. Hmm...... I normally respond to that request in so many ways, neutral and totally harmless about the intervention. they would then resort into the grumbling noises of whatever language they speak to their relatives and left the room grudgingly.
This then makes me think what constitutes a good advice. A caring practical advice with good sound unbiased background? or A usually false advice but generally soothing to the ears of the listeners but in a long term cause more harmful effects?? This conflicts reached the greatest when the expectataions are so high and the involvement is so deep that they cannot see the other sides of things that the fixation become such an unmovable belief that lost its all flexibility. Ignorance become arrogance. Barriers are now getting so high that any one would not dare to challenge that approaching to see their own doctor, they have already formed their own diagnosis and demanded things,some of which is so harmful to their health that they are so blind with the anger that they don't see. the doctor has suddenly become the pool of transference of the patients' past negative feelings, stress, angers, sadness all mingled together. By just asking: 'How are you?' seemed to trigger off an avalanche of internal emotional deluge.
I am there to witness their life in that fraction of time and sometimes when the defense is not set up properly I was then sucked into their turmoil and things just just a little bit messy.
I was then imagining a nice old strong oak tree in an ancient forest. Wise, sturdy, stable, unperturbed, strong, unmoving, speechless and witnessing the passage of time. Provideing shelter for the needy, listening ears to the confidence and yet totally detached.
I then also joke about as being an oak tree, you would then get all the animals s**t on you all the time! Which is, in real life, true too. I am certain so many of the patients ( those who have spent so much of time to sort out their complicated case on the 'backstage') have no idea how much work were invested. Some of them still think that is not enough, because in whatever country they come from, they could have this, this, this and that ages ago. Hmmm...... and why did they come here to this seemingly appalingly substandard country to get all this free health care and treatment and not returing to their country to get this, this, this and that ages ago??? This question is purely out of curiosity with no grudge in it. Though I understand that this is not 'pc' to ask that, if ever there is a standard called 'pc' at all.
Hence I should be more of an oak tree, patient and enduring. Their life is the product of their own decisions. My life is mine. No judgement should be passed from my side. Personal opinions should be kept to minimum, even to the family member level. As you may never know, this would open a freudian floodgate unless you are prepared to deal with the aftermath.
Hmm......... I wonder if an oak tree can drink whiskey now........
No comments:
Post a Comment