It is interesting to see that as time goes by, how people may change. looking at my own life, how would I have thought I am who I am now, when I was landing my first step in Scotland. How each decision led to different sets of options and how life has changed the directions that you lead you life too........... The anxiety is always there when making choices, not only because of the consequences that this may result into but the options that you have left out as well as the future crossroads that this decisions may lead to.
One cannot help feeling helpless and clueless all the time, come to think of it.
In John 14:1 Jesus said: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me......"
Jesus is the human form of God who came to save the people so that whoever trust in him will be saved from their sin.
What a powerful statement and reassurance.
I only came to know this five years ago when somehow Jasmine and I came to know God. How foolish I foolish I was before knowing Him. How self-centred I was. All those arrogance, anger, unforgivingness, narrow mind and short sightedness(in vision not views I mean as I am still short-sighted).
All those years of searching and seeking the meanings of life has come to a stop when the bible has been opened and read with reflection. Things it said somehow makes sense despite the fact that the bible has been written hundreds of years ago.
You can argue the authenticity of the bible and how this is collected from a handful of scripts handwritten in ancient languages of unknown ages. But just look how all the trend is connected. the bible contain the good news ( that I will be saved through Christ if you follow him), warnings for the future and evidence of God wrath upon the sinful people........ It also contains story of the human being itself; treachery, adultery, murder, deceits, etc etc, the normal human being really!!
One thing for sure is that you have to make a choice:follow Him or not. It is that simple! Nothing else is as important a decision to make as this one. Either choice would lead to totally different ways of life altogether. It is like going off the junction along the motorway. What is different is that there is always a choice for you to turn to God at whatever stage you are until you exhaust your own chances.
from the day we were born to the day when we will die, there are all theses chances that you can make a decision to turn to God. This is how generous God is, to give you a chance ALL THE TIME. Never mind those babies who die young before the know how to make a choice, but mind yourself. What about yourself? Are you taking up the chance given by God to you??
My work partner has told me story:
A boy prayed to God every night so that he can be given a bicycle, he prayed and prayed and nothing happened. he then decided to steal the bicycle and prayed to God so that he can be forgiven!!
This is a funny story. This also shows how frustrating it is when asking God to fulfil your own will. But is this how God works??? If God is so omnipotent, does he really want to fulfil your little human will? It is His will that he is exerting. I am not sure God would approve of stealing the bicycle, but i am sure God is patient enough to wait for him to really turn to him. he can ask forgiveness as much as he likes but God is waiting for him to really PRAY to him. This is how the perception from being self centredness in one extreme to God-centredness in the other.
I have o admit I can never be so completely God-centred as much as I want to be but I am aware that the decision that I make in life would have what kind of consequences. As a result of that I am more aware of what choices that I would have. I guess this would make me more patient and reflective in my own life.
The more reflective I get, the more I love God for being so patient, forgiving and loving to me. he understands my ups and downs. My frustration and my sadness, My joy and happiness. My sinfulness and my goodness. Most of all he knows my heart. To know that God is there watching me has given me so much joy, comfort and reassurance.
This is why I am standing here witnessing for Him. because of him, I am who I am. Amen.
One cannot help feeling helpless and clueless all the time, come to think of it.
In John 14:1 Jesus said: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me......"
Jesus is the human form of God who came to save the people so that whoever trust in him will be saved from their sin.
What a powerful statement and reassurance.
I only came to know this five years ago when somehow Jasmine and I came to know God. How foolish I foolish I was before knowing Him. How self-centred I was. All those arrogance, anger, unforgivingness, narrow mind and short sightedness(in vision not views I mean as I am still short-sighted).
All those years of searching and seeking the meanings of life has come to a stop when the bible has been opened and read with reflection. Things it said somehow makes sense despite the fact that the bible has been written hundreds of years ago.
You can argue the authenticity of the bible and how this is collected from a handful of scripts handwritten in ancient languages of unknown ages. But just look how all the trend is connected. the bible contain the good news ( that I will be saved through Christ if you follow him), warnings for the future and evidence of God wrath upon the sinful people........ It also contains story of the human being itself; treachery, adultery, murder, deceits, etc etc, the normal human being really!!
One thing for sure is that you have to make a choice:follow Him or not. It is that simple! Nothing else is as important a decision to make as this one. Either choice would lead to totally different ways of life altogether. It is like going off the junction along the motorway. What is different is that there is always a choice for you to turn to God at whatever stage you are until you exhaust your own chances.
from the day we were born to the day when we will die, there are all theses chances that you can make a decision to turn to God. This is how generous God is, to give you a chance ALL THE TIME. Never mind those babies who die young before the know how to make a choice, but mind yourself. What about yourself? Are you taking up the chance given by God to you??
My work partner has told me story:
A boy prayed to God every night so that he can be given a bicycle, he prayed and prayed and nothing happened. he then decided to steal the bicycle and prayed to God so that he can be forgiven!!
This is a funny story. This also shows how frustrating it is when asking God to fulfil your own will. But is this how God works??? If God is so omnipotent, does he really want to fulfil your little human will? It is His will that he is exerting. I am not sure God would approve of stealing the bicycle, but i am sure God is patient enough to wait for him to really turn to him. he can ask forgiveness as much as he likes but God is waiting for him to really PRAY to him. This is how the perception from being self centredness in one extreme to God-centredness in the other.
I have o admit I can never be so completely God-centred as much as I want to be but I am aware that the decision that I make in life would have what kind of consequences. As a result of that I am more aware of what choices that I would have. I guess this would make me more patient and reflective in my own life.
The more reflective I get, the more I love God for being so patient, forgiving and loving to me. he understands my ups and downs. My frustration and my sadness, My joy and happiness. My sinfulness and my goodness. Most of all he knows my heart. To know that God is there watching me has given me so much joy, comfort and reassurance.
This is why I am standing here witnessing for Him. because of him, I am who I am. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment