20090505

To be a trainer in medical education.....

It has become apparent that to bring my own professional life forward in view of witnessing God's grace and serving him in my daily life, I would need to develop myself in a better person to teach. Enrolling in medical education course is a new challenge to me. It has opened up a whole new world to me. I am amazed at the amount of theories, principles, models and academic intelligence being invested in studying the human behaviour in learning....... I guess, learning is a lifelong process. Subconsciously we are all learning all the time. Yet, to bring this internal environment out for scrutiny and study can be quite intimidating and yet interesting at the same time.........

What didn't I do that earlier? It would have saved me from all those tight corners that I led myself into in my previous years. Ah well, I guess I can pass on my mistakes and experiences to others so that they can all learn from them.

But then again, isn't that what a life is all about? Experiencing new things. new ideas. new people and new territories? Or is it about looking at oneself compared with what God calls us what to do?

I suspect this may be a mixture of the two. A fine balance of the two components is unique to individuals. We as a 'trainer' or 'educator' can only be there as 'a wise old man' to them, to tell them 'I told you so but you did not listen or see that!' To do that effectively would be my own personal challenge I guess.

Hmm........ being a trainer only mean to me a reflective journey of myself with respect to the outside world and God.

No comments: