20090909

Helena's First day at School 9/9/09


Today, Helena is going to her school! We are all very excited for her. We have decided to choose the local private school due to the smaller class size and the opportunities it provide for her to develop. I however feel that she should enjoy her childhood more than academic achievement, having gone through what I have gone through in my childhood. I was pretty isolated in BM, spending most of time winding up the factory workers and our Indian Amah, bullying my little brother and torturing any living animals such as dogs, cats, snails, etc. I don't think I have many friends of my own age at all. By the time I went to school, what I worried about is failling the exams! It was then filled with tuition classes and those early morning revisions!
I should hope Helena does not need to go through such sterile study......With God's help, we hope we can provide an environment in which she can grow and flourish rather than strive to excel just to survive. There is fine line of difference between them.

No comments: