Goodness knows how, a few years ago, I stumbled across a photography magazine and fell in love with the hobby. Since then I have been taking photos of our friends and relatives. Wedding photography is particularly a good fun to have. Different cultures, different colours. People are generally relaxed, happy and expected to cooperate with the photographer for picture taking. So far I have involved in taking photographs from three weddings. Most importantly, these events have been enjoyable. I think you have got to enjoy taking pictures and not take the pictures under pressure. I really sympathise with those professional photographers who are 'paid' to do the job as they are expected to achieve a certain standard. The creativity seemed to be blunted by the lack of intimacy between the photographer and his 'client'. Once this kind of barrier is broken and you let your creative eyes see things and people, you can take any pictures.
I am pleased to see that my wee brother and his wife like their wedding photos, I jokingly said that is due to the Ah Beng's amateur style and described my out of focus and blurred pictures as arty shots. Somehow, the blurred and out of focus shots seem to deliver the feelings, mood and emotions really well. Hence I kept them.
......... May be I should set up an amateur photography company called: Ah Beng's Photobox. That would be a good excuse for me to ask my wife(boss) to allow the purchase of Canon 30D for an upgrade (heehee...) Somehow I can't see this will happen (sigh!).
Meanwhile we 've got to save for our next trip to the Far East as this year, our sister is getting married (eventually). We shall be having our family financial meeting among us....... Meanwhile I heard some good news about Air Asia. Well, let's see what it will deliver.
No comments:
Post a Comment