After six months of Obstetric and Gynaecology, I am now heading towards the unexplored territory of Casualty!! ~_~
The boss knew my past experience and counted me as an experienced staff. Hence he decided to put me on call on the very first night at the department. This sort of flattery does not work for me as I knew that this would mean more work and less life! Looking at the rota, it looks so complicated that any change of the rota would just tip the balance into a total chaos. One week of nightr every month and six weekends off in the next six months! Looks like I shall not be having any life for the next six months (again).
Anyway, I keep reminding myself repeatedly: this job is good for me, this job is good for me....... I hope if I keep repeating telling myself that, I would somehow delude myself into the belief and numb the exhaustion form working in that department.
The real life in Casualty is not as glamorous as the TV drama series at all, much to my disappointment. Ah well, I can pretend myself as the Dr. Carter!!! (Don't vomit, when you read this)
No comments:
Post a Comment