


In the early June, we managed to have some family time together in London. After the trip to the National Museum of Natural History, we went to the British Museum. The entrance was, again, free. The collection of the human historical artefact was awesome!! The Egyptian mummies were quite terrifying, particularly there were so many of them lying there on display. One of my worst nightmare in childhood was that I was being chased after by a walking mummy! It was reminiscent of the 'Scooby doobidoo' cartoon! Again, I took very few photos as we were having a lot of fun here. The collection here are off course priceless but strictly speaking they are all mainly old things left over by dead people! So perharps, you can say there are all junks! I suppose they are carrying a bit of history in them that make them so valuable. I wonder what would represent the 20'th and 21 st century....... perharps a coca bottle? plastic pens? ABBA music? contraceptive pills? HIV's? CD's DVD's and Computers? Goodness know how much damage these two centuries have caused to the environment and human history. I am sure it would not be a pretty sight to look at. Anyway, I am glad that the taxes that we have been paying are actually spent on something worthwhile- a place where people can actually see the rise and falls of human civilisations. Hopefully, we can learn one or two from our ancestors' mistakes and move on.Somehow, I am not convinced that we have learned very much..........
No comments:
Post a Comment