20070829

My chocolate aftertaste


When you have the digital camera, you can literally take thousands of digital images. Comparing digital with film photography, the cost of developing the film images is expensive hence you have to be economical with the imges you take. Digital camera has unleashed the limitations to uncover the creative freedom. The craving for better view point to capture the essence of the image to convey the message you wish is sometimes so addictive that you wish the viewers would approve and accept!

The only problem is now I am left with these gigabytes of picture bank! Looking through them, I just cannot allow myself deleting any of the images I took. I know that some of them are absolutely rubbish, some of them need a lot of photoshop treatment but they are all part of my experience, part of my life captured in that moment of time. It is almost similar to thousands of little time capsules translated into digital memories........ So here I am, every now and again, I find some good ones and do a bit of photoshop. The outcome may not be as good as expected but it is the journey that counts. My own personal time has now been squeezed among family, work and social time. I now even appreciate more this little escape from all the hustle and bustle of life.

Meanwhile, my trip to Paris is like you have tasted the best chocolate ever in your life and what is left now is this really sweet bitter aftertaste which annoys you and excites you at the same time for you can only have the same chocolate only for much later and you have to wait. Thank goodness that my camera has managed to retain some of the good memories for me to look back.

No comments: