20080611

Hay Fever in Summers, Flu in Winters!

My big nose always takes the blunt of the season changes. For the last two weeks, the pollen count has shot up high. My nose has now become more blocked. The amount of sneezing has been frequent and severe. The antihistamine treatment doesn't seem to help a lot. Perhaps I have to retort to steroid nasal spray. I can imagine I am the worst patient a doctor can get, never complying with advice and treatment. A hippie in heart myself, I always maintain a certain degree of scepticism regarding any medical intervention, pharmacological or surgical. Afterall, one should realize that before 20th and 21 st centuries, there were really very limited medicine can offer apart from very few dodgy portions or homeopathic tonic. Human species have survived so far.
Hmm, perhaps I should think of any complimentary medicine as an alternative which is even more not evidence based and dodgier than the mainstream medicine. I have tried the home brewn acupuncture with those nasty needles poked on my face. Still it didn't work.
Come winter it is the flu that gets my nose and again it will be the sneezing and runny nose..... Perhaps, I need some help. imagine me going to see GP telling them: 'I want scan! I want specialist! treatments never help, I demand this and that blablabla....' Total heart sink patient. that would be fun! Though, my kind heart has prevented me from doing so. But just a thought though!! It would be fun.

No comments: