In the medical world where the profession is now under the spotlight of the politics. It is now even more important to be 'professional', i.e. not giving any chance to those stupid politicians to misled the public. Once you do your work well then you are not afraid to stand firm on your ground...... This does not sound anything that can be learnt from textbooks....... Any budding medics, be warned, there will be a rocky ride ahead of you. Meanwhile the nursing profession is now being utilised as a pawn politically to create an alternative cheaper workforce to take on more medical roles. I wonder if the nurse are happy to do that. I guess it is still a pay rise to them if they are taking on some of the 'safe' and 'easy' medical responsibilities But by fragmenting the medical care and gift wrapping the care as a multidisciplinary team involvement, would this make the patient care more cumbersome and bureaucratic?? I have seen a few examples in which patients have been passed round and round among the so called specialist non medics and yet not receiving any satisfactory explanation and treatments, especially those really complex cases. Ironically, is those complex cases that needs a comprehensive care that needs a lot of so called 'specialist' care. In the end, it is me that pick up all the pieces and coordinate up some plan which is better then no plan whatsoever. This has taken me a 20 minutes (overrun already) of listening to them with tissue papers to them and the relatives about how they have been marginalised etc followed by hours of reading through their records and discussions with various 'specialists' (who whose conclusion in their reports often means something like 'I have referred this to someone so and so for further 'care''). It is quite funny if you read the most recent or the last letter from the last specialist along those strings of specialist, it would mention something like I am now discharged back to the patient's GP for further care and support!!! Meanwhile, when I asked the patient, what have they actually received, they often say nothing!!
Even in UK, those who need care would get it last or never get it. This is the inverse care law. Those so called politicians who, at the meantime trying to cover their ignorance and incompetence, has been enthusiastically diverting the public attention to the medics. The more they make the public hate the doctors, the less attention they will get from them about themselves.
If you ask the real people in the real setting about what they really want. They just want things get done and their care delivered safely. All theses clinical governance, 'patient's choice', blablabla, are just fancy words that create more middle aged managers who just take away more resources from what should be spent on patient contacts.
Do the public REALLY know what is going on in the country they are living in??? I would say no. I have no idea what is going on outside the medical world. Now how those so called political leaders can use the trust given by the public to be selfless and 'for the people'?? I doubt they have any clue about what the people on the lower social class want. How many MP's are coming from the lower social class background?? If I am in the monarchy, I would be very cynical about those people who runs the Parliament and the country.
I guess if the country is getting richer, the richness would trickle down from the top of the food chain down to the bottom. No wonder the cats and dogs here are receiving better treatment than most of the human treatment in some areas. And no wonder people are desperately killing each other and climbing up the food chain in the hope that the richer they get the happier they get. Then they die or they fail or they realise that the grass is not really greener and yet they lose everything hold dear to them and look back, it is too late.......
In short, the current world is not any better then before. The human beings as a group are as ignorant, incompetent, arrogant, blind, addictive, easily swayed and plain stupid as ever. Now I thank God for being so patient with us so far without actually terminating all of them.
I guess God loves us so much because we, inside our very heart, still has a sacred place where we know we can love and repent. We all should open that part of out heats and embrace the forgiveness, grace and patience from God. Tear away our self defence and pretence and face him with the REAL self. Sometimes doing this is actually much easier than keeping fighting against God's will!!
Even in UK, those who need care would get it last or never get it. This is the inverse care law. Those so called politicians who, at the meantime trying to cover their ignorance and incompetence, has been enthusiastically diverting the public attention to the medics. The more they make the public hate the doctors, the less attention they will get from them about themselves.
If you ask the real people in the real setting about what they really want. They just want things get done and their care delivered safely. All theses clinical governance, 'patient's choice', blablabla, are just fancy words that create more middle aged managers who just take away more resources from what should be spent on patient contacts.
Do the public REALLY know what is going on in the country they are living in??? I would say no. I have no idea what is going on outside the medical world. Now how those so called political leaders can use the trust given by the public to be selfless and 'for the people'?? I doubt they have any clue about what the people on the lower social class want. How many MP's are coming from the lower social class background?? If I am in the monarchy, I would be very cynical about those people who runs the Parliament and the country.
I guess if the country is getting richer, the richness would trickle down from the top of the food chain down to the bottom. No wonder the cats and dogs here are receiving better treatment than most of the human treatment in some areas. And no wonder people are desperately killing each other and climbing up the food chain in the hope that the richer they get the happier they get. Then they die or they fail or they realise that the grass is not really greener and yet they lose everything hold dear to them and look back, it is too late.......
In short, the current world is not any better then before. The human beings as a group are as ignorant, incompetent, arrogant, blind, addictive, easily swayed and plain stupid as ever. Now I thank God for being so patient with us so far without actually terminating all of them.
I guess God loves us so much because we, inside our very heart, still has a sacred place where we know we can love and repent. We all should open that part of out heats and embrace the forgiveness, grace and patience from God. Tear away our self defence and pretence and face him with the REAL self. Sometimes doing this is actually much easier than keeping fighting against God's will!!
No comments:
Post a Comment