The house looks slightly less cluttered as I have gotten rid of a lot of the worldly things. Helena now has her own room. The baby room now has a new capboard (the last 'cheapo Ikea' one has now expired). The roman blinds are now hanged in three out of four rooms. The next project is my study/cave/nobody-is-going-to-touch-anything/very super shamefully untidy room. The idea is to create a space where the double Futon bed can actually be spread into a bed rathe than just a futon sofa so that any guest can actually sleep here.
Meanwhile me, Tan the merciless, has thrown away a lot of my medical past (old dated books/handouts/course materials) away. Now my books are in Oxfam hence I am feeling reassured that some one out there are reading my books hoping that he/she is benefiting from getting the knowledge.
Having visited some of my firend's houses. They were HUGE and the garden is so SPAAAACCCCIIIIOUUUUUSSSS. Wondering that it may have costed them a fortune, they said it was £40 K!!! Now in UK, to get a decent house in a decent area, you are advised to prepare to buy a four bedroomed house for £300K!!!! This is only one of those new houses, the victorian brick house would cost more.....
Well, one should be content with what one have. I am already struggling to keep the current house let alone anything bigger, oooh but those victorian houses with the original features in them, hmm..... lovely. Sigh, I am afterall a normal being who is open to temptation....
No comments:
Post a Comment