20080903

Painting

Finally, our desktop computer went 'kaput'! It has stopped working properly except Internet. Hence all my photos are now 'raw' in the photo cards. The minister of household finance has given the royal grant to me to buy a new computer, on one condition that I should paint Helena's room.

So, guess what colour does Helena like? Pink. Taking her to Homebase was an interesting trip. She has chosen the strongest pink available! After much coaxing, I gave in to the Old Rose Pink and managed to convince her to have some whites.

Ho and behold, there are so many types of pink and white!!! I just pick a random colour called Jasme White hoping that this would go well with the Old Rose pink ( where did they get those names from??). Another complication is that the wall of of the room was in a strong purple! So last three days have been spent on painting layers of pant on the wall hoping that the wall paper can cope with the weight of the paint I have applied on!!

Hey ho, give it another 3-4 years, she may grow bored with the colour and I can then considering the more laborious wallpaper stripping option.

Hey, it is not easy to do a good job n painting, particularly those awkward angles and edges!!

No comments: