Hmm........ I may be just addicted to targets, once targets are achieved, I am now thinking of setting further targets to achieve. There are a few in my mind. I guess this is my inherent panic attempt to hold back the years that I have been fuffing about in my early years when I wasn't knowing what I should be doing......
Let see if I can at the very least explore a few options. Think globally, but act locally. Let me explore a few local options, joining local committees of upholding certain aspects of romantic ideas in Medicine. That sounds good as the reality is not always pretty but at least one can indulge at certain times that certain good old values are worth fighting for medicine, doctors and patients (whether they appreciate them or not-sadly this is democratic, i.e. the ignorant still have their votes and want what they want) and secondly,this would keep one looking out for certain pitfalls in Medicine:complacency. Once you are complacent with status quo, that would be your beginning of downhill.
This is why changes and developments are always the popular words in the world of medicine in UK at the Western world. Luckily, there are still people who are genuinely wanting to contribute their good will to the greater good , for humanity etc something about selflessness and honour. I suppose this is what the Christian ethics are all about, let God be inside you to do His work.
How God is going to use me in the dark land of medicine at this turbulent time, only He knows.
I cannot email him, I cannot text him, I cannot call him by using mobile phone or Blackberry, the only way is to directly ask him: God, what do you want me to do now and what 's next?
One good thing about God is He will speak to you not only in words but also in action. So, let see what would happen to me in the next few year time, where God is going to lead me to, where I would fall into His grand plan.........
In bible, Moses was asked to lead the Jews across the sea and deserts away from the Egypt Slavery in search of the Promised land. He must have asked ten thousands times to God what his next step would be? I guess God let him have a glimpse of His Kingdom in a fire bush to reassure him.
Personally, I always feel how those lucky people, in the Bible who actually had a contact with God and have actually spoken to him and Jesus, did experience their emotions...... I think, if this were me, I would be so ecstatic and happy that I will proclaim this to the world! I would feel so honoured, so loved and so reassured that I would be grateful for everything is given and would never ever grumble as I would know then that there is a heaven!! This is why the Bible is a book of Gospel which is to spread the 'Good news' as the book is written by the witnesses of God (lucky gits!)
But then again I would also be sectioned under mental health act as manic and ended up in the mental health hospital.
Mind you, I do not wish to be swallowed by a big fish, told to kill my own son, witness the sea turning red, build big ship preparing for a big flood for weeks(how can I survive without Chinese food??), etcetc as the bible has explicitly describe. The Revelations chapter is sill scaring me at vulnerable times!!
So the warning from the bible also says: Don't mess about with God, or else!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment