
This is our local friends gathering (where are all the men??), a typical collection of Far Rye Wisteria Lane ladies who have their own respective husbands, children, hopes, worries and other things in life that generally comes at time to time. Lets hope they are NOT so desperate like the desperate housewives (ref the USA popular TV series 2-3 years ago).
Jasmine is now glowing with the third trimester pregnancy of our little baby (Yippeee! I think), Sue is now waiting to enter the frontline of inner city general practice (good luck), Lih Fang is preparing to go back to Singapore for good and Sarah is now brooding and thinking of getting another baby (she had two already!!!). It is funny that the paths of our life path journeys can cross this way. I wonder how we are all going to be like in 5 year time. Life really goes on, whether you like it or not.
What I notice is that when one gets older, time seems to move faster. I heard people said this before now I can only understand it.
When we get together, we would generally talk about things about parenting, our hope, uncertainties, worries, exchange ideas, share our joy and hope for luck. Isn't this the Joy Luck club in an essence.
We all came from different corners of the world and yet we were destined to meet up together here and talked about joy and luck. Isn't that amazing?
In another twenty year time, it would be our daughters that will be sitting down together like this. I wonder what they are going to talk about. I guess it be not much different to what are talking about now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment