20090131

Life after birth......

January this year has been challenging to us in so many ways. Some ups and downs. We managed to pull through them so far. Emma has been really a very good baby with her feeding and routine. Her own characters does shine through at pretty early stages. For example, she does not like her bottom wiped or her nappies changed. On a few occasions, she can just poo or wee during nappy changing time. We ended up changing all her layers of clothes(for it has been very cold lately) and the towels. Her temperaments are not very much different to Helena's. Strong willed, head strong but contend....... Her sister Helena loves her to bits, wanting to cuddle with her all the time. I cannot help feeling cruel but protective at the same time while I try to separate Helena from Emma when she was trying to cuddle with her just slightly too hard! Emma has now caught a few germs from her older sister despite breastfeeding but thanks to mum's breastfed immune antibodies, she has managed to go through these various viral infection really well. This is what I find difficult to convince Jasmine how well she has done to protect her second daughter.......
To be fair, I do not know how painful it can be for breastfeeding and how difficult it seems compared with bottle feeding but looking from a different perspective and coldly objective way, Emma does clearly benefit well from breastfeeding. This is obviously at the expense of her mother. As a father and husband, I am torn in between supporting the baby as well as the mother. A fine balance has to be achieved with careful observation and advice. Ranging from coaxing, arguing, threatening to emotional blackmailing, I have used all sorts of techniques to keep this breastfeeding business going. Lets hope it is all worthwhile.......

No comments: