Today was Helena's special day. Helena is now accepted to the local girl's school near to my workplace. The school has asked all the new students' parents to attend the meeting today to listen to the headmistress's introduction of the school's ethos and principles.
It is quite interesting and reassuring to hear from the headmistress that although the school has been maintaining high level of academic performance, its main theme is learning through playing. Helena will be in a smaller class with a teacher who oversees her academic progress in which she will be learning all sorts of new activities. However, today's meeting was all about the practical aspects of schooling: dropping and picking up the girls, uniforms, dressing codes, holiday regulations, after school clubs, meals and advice to how to look after them after schools. The advice given have been very considerate and sensible. We also got to see and talk to various parents to start 'social' networking. The social networking is important when help is needed to do the school runs. This is the difficulty for parents who work full time (sigh). We are praying that God will be with us to get through this. I guess this is just the beginning of the school runs for the next 16years!! Now I really appreciate the effort my parents have invested in my school runs in my teenage. It must not be easy!!
My bank account is going to groan again for the school fees and uniforms etctec!! Heyho, I guess this is the family tradition whereby the parents are investing in their children morally, spiritually, materialy, financially and 'other'ly........ The ultimate aim is to support and nurture a wholesome person whom can face the world with the right attitude that excels and whom brings happiness to herself and also people around her. Gosh, whether such aim is achievable I don't know, I guess at least we as parents can work towards that! Ask me again when my daughters turn teenagers!! Those time when I witnessed my sister when she was a teenager still gives me the shiver down my spine. x_x
It is quite interesting and reassuring to hear from the headmistress that although the school has been maintaining high level of academic performance, its main theme is learning through playing. Helena will be in a smaller class with a teacher who oversees her academic progress in which she will be learning all sorts of new activities. However, today's meeting was all about the practical aspects of schooling: dropping and picking up the girls, uniforms, dressing codes, holiday regulations, after school clubs, meals and advice to how to look after them after schools. The advice given have been very considerate and sensible. We also got to see and talk to various parents to start 'social' networking. The social networking is important when help is needed to do the school runs. This is the difficulty for parents who work full time (sigh). We are praying that God will be with us to get through this. I guess this is just the beginning of the school runs for the next 16years!! Now I really appreciate the effort my parents have invested in my school runs in my teenage. It must not be easy!!
My bank account is going to groan again for the school fees and uniforms etctec!! Heyho, I guess this is the family tradition whereby the parents are investing in their children morally, spiritually, materialy, financially and 'other'ly........ The ultimate aim is to support and nurture a wholesome person whom can face the world with the right attitude that excels and whom brings happiness to herself and also people around her. Gosh, whether such aim is achievable I don't know, I guess at least we as parents can work towards that! Ask me again when my daughters turn teenagers!! Those time when I witnessed my sister when she was a teenager still gives me the shiver down my spine. x_x
No comments:
Post a Comment