20111020

Redscale using a Smena Rangemaster

The very last picture of my first Redscale.



I have acquired an old tatty plastic Russian camera Smena rangemaster from ebay. As I was interested into doing a redscale (AKA reversed film) photography, I decided to give it a go. The exciting aspects of this film photography are using a vintage camera plus using a homemade redscale film. This just gave me so many exciting challenges! The light exposure of the camera, the use of film (Fuji ISO 200) and its exposure of making it a redscale , the limited experience of using rangemaster for the focal distance can produce so much unpredictability compared with the digital photography. With a good sunny weather today, I managed to convince the girls to get out of the warm cosy house into the cold windy city centre. I started to take a few snaps. It worked!
From Russia with loooovvvee!

No comments: