Being a parent, I can't help thinking constantly how I am going to maximise the learning environment for Helena. Choosing the right toys, saying the right words, choosing the right books, making sure she has the right balance of food, etc etc..... Now I am thinking when I am going to introduce music to her. A lot of families here introduce music, especially piano to their children right from the early age, as young as four. The parents have also already started to play piano beforehand so as to 'prepare the path' for them so that they can see their parents as their example.So far there are the Suzuki's and Yamaha's methods. Both are equally effective in introducing musical instruments at early age.
I regretted that I didn't play piano early enough. Now I hope, almost expect, my child not to walk the same path. This is this agenda that drives me to think to introduce music as early as possible. Is it right to 'force' a child too early to play music? I don't know.
What I certainly find in Helena is that she is a very curious child who always likes bells, rattles and anything that can make noise. Perharps, the musical part of her should be nurtured.
Would she become a musical phoenix in the future? I don't know, but what I know is if I don't give a her a chance to explore, she will certainly not develope her musical talent.
The girls who play piano would not turn bad. I do hope so. Meanwhile I am searching every penny in the house to save for a second hand piano hoping sometime next year there will be a piano in the house. I should hope to learn to play Jazz piano and Helena to develope her musical taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment